Software is a series of codes written to be performed, followed or interpreted by a computer. This series follows specific patterns that result in a desired behavior. Can be also called logical support or logiciário, or even be defined as the programs that control the functioning of a computer .
Not to be confused hardware with software, in that it is the meanings different.
- While the hardware is the physical part of a computer (box, keyboard, monitor, etc.) the software is everything that makes the machine run, by performing different actions for each one.
The pronunciation of the word software is – “sóftuer”.
In 1958 the word software was used for the first time in a text written by John Wilder Tkey, an american scientist.
It is a system operating that consists of a cluster of instructions responsible for turning the hardware on a system with which the user can interact and run their programs. The built-in set of the computer is the one who enables this interaction through a graphical user interface.
- Encompasses all of the device drivers (mouse, printer, memory, etc.) and the operating system.
Are the various programs that are installed on computers that allow the user to perform one or more specific tasks in several areas such as pharmacy, engineering, medicine, accounting, urban planning, and other. The user can develop spreadsheets, architectural drawings, graphic presentations, among other tasks.
Application software are also:
- The databases.
- Video games.
- Commercial automation systems, etc.
The application software may include, in addition to those already mentioned:
- The educational Software.
- Software of symbolic calculus and numerical.
Is the set of tools that help the programmer to develop computer programs using various distinct alternatives and programming languages.
Part of the software programming:
The environment that the developer works with is integrated development, that is, all of the tools listed previously are grouped in a visual environment so that it does not have to type the commands.
Embedded Software or embedded
It is a type of software designed to perform their functions within a machine that is not of general use. Normally, this works only for a goal as specific as possible.
In this case the user does not need to have installed on your computer the software because it will be stored on a machine that will have to be accessed over the internet. Usually this service is free and has features identical to the versions of the local storage.
- Means that any computer program can be copied, studied, used, redistributed or modified, with some restrictions. The freedom of such parameters is central to the concept, which is the opposite of proprietary software, however, is not marketed for profit. The distribution of free software is to attach a license and make the source code available to the user change according to your needs.
Can be cited as an example of a company that works developing some kind of software to:
- Software Express, it works with software of Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT).
There is a type of software to print labels, labels, CD and DVD, or business cards, called Software Pimaco. Used a lot in graphic and in some domestic environments.